27 April, 2007

Travesty!


flavia tucks into a healthy and inviting plate of PUNTARELLE

two second later her lips starts swelling at an alarming rate..

f: flash. erm...ate some puntarelle and now my lip has grown elephantine. and not in an angelinajolie type of a way
b: Sorry, kid - sounds like what you have is an allergy to the family of chicory plants, of which puntarelle are a giant member. It's "pas grave" if not accompanied by other symptoms, such as anaphylactic shock.
f: erm...looks like a blotched lip job.
b: that's much more tragic. you may be suffering from MegRyan syndrome.


didn't get much sympathy from other friends either:
f: i could have died you know
sicily: where did you rollerblade to
f: LISTEN. i have a LIP problem
sicily: so you learn where you put them...

6 comments:

Becky Flash said...

Hey trout pout - thanks for making it seem as though I normally drop French into my emails. The damn article was in French. Hey - maybe I can update my CV to say I'm fluent. There's an idea. What were we talking about? Right, rollerblading.

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Norfolk. At the risk of reinforcing prejudices about my country's miserable record on food, when I was a kid I remember the price of coffee soaring. Rather than cut back on luxuries to pay for this essential, someone thought it would be a good idea to "cut" the coffee with chicory which, allegedly, tastes just the same but is much, much cheaper. It was nonsense: it was indeed much cheaper, but it tasted like crap. It made me gag. And I didn't even have an allergy to it. Your lips sound rather fine, if I may say so...

Unknown said...

BRAZIL NUTS SEND ME INTO ANAPHYLAXIS. TAKE ANTIHISTAMINE YOU'LL BE FINE. IF YOU'RE NOT DEAD TOMORROW BUY AN EPI-PEN.

MicNic said...

hey Putana-relle

got anything else swollen right now?

Anonymous said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

michael!

bogart said...

michael you are brilliant!!!

Was it the first time you had puntarelle dear??

Are you sure the chef didn't mix it with some stinging nettles?

Also what an odd choice of food...what's next?

I so wouldn't be surprised if you just decided to start drinking chicory coffee.