22 January, 2008

errr


with teutonic determination i abandon my trusty skiing buddies and decide to tackle whistler mountain head on with my spanky new snowboard. do i listen to reason. no. do i take a lesson. absolutely not. i nail a few curves. feel quite the hipster for all of two seconds.
yet
the experiment, after an encouraging hour, turned into an unmitigated disaster. essentially i had spectacularly bad fall. flipped backwards and whacked my head. leading to minor concussion. blurred vision. a few spasms and a little blackout. yet i kept going up the mountain. only to come down on foot. exhausted. and wiped out.
oh and dear reader, i vomit.
day after.

i got back on my trusty skis. have i given up on snowboarding? absolutely not. but will save my falls for gentler less deserving slopes.

more to follow. including how cute tot A's butt looked from behind in his red pants. kept my eyes firmly on it. at all times. kept me focused.

men on slopes: HOT
women on slopes (with exception of yours truly): MINGING
architecture: excrecable
bed time: 9pm
food: Tot A whipped up three michelin star meals.
booze: not formidable by any means.
fags: one a day. if that.


canada is a virtuous country. one more week and tot A and I would be hugging trees and recycling toe nails. or on the opposite side of the spectrum, trading needles in vancouver's gastown. we may never know. we leave in two days.

it's been EPIC.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I second that. Absolutely EPIC. And Vancouver has yet to be deflowered.

MicNic said...

I don't want to sound like your mother, but for goodness sake, please be careful. You still have Tokyo ahead of you....and I need to scab accommodation.

Becky Flash said...

um, i'd like to chime in on happy s's comment...did you see a doctor?

Lady V said...

Heh heh heh... Rock and roll, my little totties, rock and roll.....

Scorpio said...

Canada is not virtuous. It IS however, the most beautiful place on the earth.

Yours in haste,
Canadian-by-marriage Scorpio.

P.S. please be careful F