22 February, 2008

Oscar Snubs

well, ew.com triggered my memory and these are the ones i definitely agree on. then i came up with some more on my own.

Into the Wild: absolutely fabulous and heart-breaking. got bugga all. shocking
Waitress: Charmingly quirky. amazingly well-acted. a nom would have been nice.
James McAvoy: he WAS pretty fabulous in Atonement. That category was over-crowded. but minga-please. why best film? should have been him
Vanessa Redgrave: Her mere act of breathing is oscar worthy. gives me the chills.
Russell Crowe and Christian Bale: for all they've done this year.
Jennifer Garner: in Juno. really knocked wind off my sails. and am NOT a fan.
Helena Bonham Carter: Sweeney Todds. My god! can anyone say after me: MEATPIES!
Across the Universe: I know people were divided but i thought it all rather grand. Julie Taymor's direction was breathtaking. I want to hold your hand anyone? Flying jocks. lovelorn cheerleaders. say no more.
Benicio Del Toro: Things we lost in the Fire. The man has presence and gravitas. Oh lord. The chills i got.
Diane Lane: Hollywoodland. Breathtaking. Sigh. Slobber.



that was fun! still feel I've left something out here.......

No comments: