06 September, 2009

masterpiece



when it comes to taking the PISS, no one does it better or with more cruel relish that Bob Altman. i bow.

"for the sake of the children"

Unpack your bags and try not to cry.
I can't leave my wife -- there's three reasons why.
There's Jimmy, and Kathy, and sweet Lorelei...
For the sake of the children, we must say goodbye.
For the sake of the children, we must say goodbye.

'Cos Jimmy's been wishin' that I'd take him fishin'
His Little League pitchin' is something to see
And Kathy's thirteen now; she's my little queen now,
And I've gotta see who her beau's gonna be.

But you are my true love, the one that I do love,
But I've got to stay with the woman I wed.
Laurie's just walkin', she just started talkin',
And Daddy's the first word that she ever said!

(

No comments: