05 June, 2006

so how personal should a blog get?

should *I* spill my guts out for all to stumble upon incidentally, hoping and expecting that
YOU will form some kind of random connection with ME when you just happened to be clicking absent-mindedly and mechanically on the next blog? after which maybe you will be sufficiently amused, perhaps intrigued, possibly tickled (dare i say moved) by what happens to be the first line or image that crops up on your screen? so much so you may wish/venture to comment anonymously? i wish..but no.

are blogs actually bullshit?
a self-reverential in-joke between friends?
a way to keep in touch with people you love yet see all too rarely?
a subliminal message pregnant with hidden meaning that only you and one other could possibly grasp if only they had ears to hear and heart to understand?
in a world (where on the cards) it's never been easier to speak in whichever form this could manifest itself, isn't a blog just the last shred of hope that maybe someone out there that you don't know/or actually know all too well may actually GET you?
and will anything that extends 10 lines actually bore any inadvertent reader SUFFICIENTLY to prompt him/her to switch off and google brangelina (or whatever it is you google daily) instead of wasting another scrap of precious time on you (*me)?

anyway, i guess the lesson learnt is that it's always better to keep it light and FROTHY.PEPPY and cheap.
though i guess my real answer is buried somewhere (and everywhere/or neither) in all of the above.
sometimes catching a glimpse might be enough.

6 comments:

MicNic said...

Blogs are a form of therapy for the financially disabled. It is a form of drunkenness for the www enabled. In view of your post, I have decided to really open up and share my thoughts. My latest entry on my blog page is a cross dedication to you.

sxg said...

i thought you said you only bought ONE bottle of wine last night...

bogart said...

I probably misinterpreted you like usual.. But blogging it's having a diary saving the paper, but I believe it's the extreme expression of our times. We no longer have time to listen to others or get involved with their problems and their fears.
So a blog allows you to talk, to keep in touch with your friends and at the same time to report everything with a funny vein so that others don't scroll away at the first words..
In a kind of way it's sad, but it also great because since we blog we probably know more about our friends than we did before.

bogart said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

I should email my girlfriend about this.