18 September, 2006

why i travel in the words of others


Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and
enjoy the journey.
- Babs Hoffman

The world is a book, and those who do not travel
read only a page.
- Augustine (354-430)

Man always travels along precipices... His truest
obligation is to keep his balance.
- Pope John Paul II

If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light.
Take off all your envies, jealousies,
unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears.
- Glenn Clark

I am one of those who never knows the direction of
my journey until I have almost arrived.
- Anna Louise Strong

The most important trip you may take in life is
meeting people halfway.
- Henry Boye

Two great talkers will not travel far together.
- Spanish Proverb

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single
step.
- Confucius

I love to travel, But hate to arrive
- Albert Einstein

If you actually look like your passport photo, you
aren't well enough to travel
- Sir Vivian Fuchs

A child on a farm sees a plane fly by overhead and
dreams of a faraway place A traveler on the plane
sees the farmhouse and dreams of home
- Carl Burns

4 comments:

MicNic said...

sKEEP ON TRUCKIN

MicNic said...

Life Is A Highway - Tom Waits

Lady V said...

Show me the way to go home...
I'm tired and I want to go to bed..
I had a little drink about an hour ago and it's gone right to my head...

albeo said...

For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move; to feel the needs and hitches of our life more nearly; to come down off this feather-bed of civilisation, and find the globe granite underfoot and strewn with cutting flints - Robert Louis Stevenson

Of all possible subjects, travel is the most difficult for an artist, as it is the easiest for a journalist - WH Auden

Partire e' un po' morire - Italian proverb