07 June, 2007

5:10 to schiphol

was slightly surreal waking up to 3 other hapless bodies in bunkbeds aligned to mine in a hostel, venturing out into pre-sunrise canals and bopping my way to the airport still in my "pyjama" top...and makeup from two days ago.smeared all over giving me racccoon eyes. then again it also felt strangely routine.

erm. and i figure there is plenty of time for a clark kent-like transformation in the airport loo. then again no seriously expects to see me rock up in anything but my grubbiest tatters anyway, so..

pictures from these whirlwind 36 hours later.
to get over my grief for not following emily haines and michael andrews onto brussels ( i think i actually dreamt i had to go to an ecofin meeting there last night...) i take comfort in a separate, but not completely random, thought. am warming to the following quebecois, patrick watson
now, a furtive and fleeting google search has seen his style reminiscent/compared to rufus wainwright and jeff buckley. he will also be playing with emily. frankly not sure what more one can ask for.


long live that great nation to the north...

so here is another, song entitled Drifters

3 comments:

MicNic said...

The hostel memories are flooding back.
Smelly drunks in Amsterdam.
Loud train tracks in Chicago.
Hot perving at Hawaiian guy in Paris.
Drinking cheap wine in park with hot Hawaiin guy
Hot Finnish brothers in NYC.
Vinyl covered mattresses.
showering with thongs
and locking valuables in lockers

That my dear sums up my early 20's

Anonymous said...

took over the bat and still going strong in my 30s.......






er. aging gracefully etc. etc.

MicNic said...

nah, for me the 30's will be about freeloading