22 June, 2007

raking up ancient history



as EU leaders gather in brussels in what has been widely dubbed a "three-shirter" (pack three shirts because the 2-day event will drag on..), tensions are running a bit high. in an inspired turn of phrase, a great wit in our bureau called the twins holding everything up -- ``mutant teletubbies''. -- Am also told the Daily Mail ran on their front-page a 1939 snapshot of German tanks steamrolling their way into Poland. oh dear.
all i will say is no one should bite the hand that feeds it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the description "mutant teletubbies", although maybe that makes them sound friendlier than they deserve.

My cleaning lady is Polish and she's lovely.

But the Polish man who built my dvd shelves, while also being lovely, has not built them properly: they sag in the middle. Although maybe I've just got too many box sets?

Um... that's the limit of my experience with Poland. Tragic, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

I HATE THEM.









punto e basta. vile vile vile people.