21 February, 2007

immensely moved





my dear, dear friend renato has shared my obsession with Tis Pity She's a Whore (1973) for over a decade. religiously we would sit and watch it almost weekly. forever moved by the staggering beauty of the visuals. the photography (filmed around the countryside of my native bologna). the costumes. a ravishing charlotte rampling. an oliver tobias that is the epitome of male beauty. and a soundtrack by ennio morricone that may just as well be his best, and least known. this masterpiece, by patron griffi is something out of visconti. and at the very root of everything i hold sacred. this soundtrack landed at my door today, by courier, on the one day of the year i am in. am close to tears.

"go out shining sun, turn this day into night
the joys of a thousands hells are with me
and all that is left of me."

No comments: