02 December, 2007

laugh if you will



the original video of a 19 year old kate bush
yes, we have all read the novel
yes, we have all heard the song
and we all know
it rocks through the ages.

heathcliff
it's me
cathy
coooooooming home


who isn't cathy
who isn't heathchiff

to go through the highlights of lett's notes

I've no more business to marry Edgar Linton than I have to be in heaven; and if the wicked man in there had not brought Heathcliff so low, I shouldn't have thought of it. It would degrade me to marry Heathcliff now; so he shall never know how I love him; and that, not because he's handsome, Nelly, but because he's more myself than I am

and
My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods; time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath--a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind--not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself, but as my own being

2 comments:

Lady V said...

Oh! Oh! Oh! You KNOW what this means to me. Emily. Rocking. Tragedy. Cliffs. Brooding Men. Tits. Ass. Dead puppies. Violence. Unrequited love. Bravura performance by us in Tuscan kitchen of Kate Bush classic.

I could go on.

sxg said...

it's this. it was always this:

“I forgive what you have done to me. I love my murderer—but yours! How can I?”